- Think long term: Everybody is going to want to go after the hot, up and coming neighborhoods, especially here the ultra-trendy Bay Area. But before any of those neighborhoods were popular, they were largely considered dead space. If you are willing to put in the foresight, you can find the next up and coming neighborhood before your competitors, meaning you will get a great price on the property and be one of the first developers to complete a project there.
- Quality matters: With the high demand for real estate in the Bay Area, it is easy for developers to want to cut corners in order to create property cheaply and quickly. But in the long run, quality is what will help you succeed. This real estate boom certainly will not last forever, but buyers’ and renters’ appreciation for sound construction will.
- Mixed-use: Mixed-use real estate is all the rage across the country, but developers in the Bay Area have barely scratched the surface of its possibilities. With most developers going after the housing boom, office and commercial space in the Bay Area remains low, and this is a great way to kill three birds with one stone. Additionally, a lot of tax credit and other federal funding opportunities present themselves in the mixed-use sector.
- Maintain charm: If you are converting an old, worn down property, it can be tempting to tear it down and build something super modern. But keep in mind that part of what people love about the Bay Area is its charm, and you can get even more for your money when you invest in preserving it. This is especially useful to keep in mind if you are building in a very urban area, as buyers usually come to San Francisco and Oakland for two things: convenience and charm.
- Be flexible: Finally, the construction boom is growing more and more powerful all the time, and new neighborhoods are being discovered seemingly every month. A smart developer keeps their finger on the pulse of the construction boom, and is willing to be flexible based on what is popular and what is in demand.
It would be nearly impossible to live in the San Francisco Bay Area and not notice that construction is booming right now. The question now isn’t whether it is happening, but how developers can take advantage of it in the smartest possible way. As a construction consultant in California, we have worked on countless construction projects in the Bay Area, and we have seen firsthand what works and what doesn’t. Here are the five key things we’ve learned about how to succeed in the Bay Area construction boom:
If you are looking into hiring a construction manager in California for an upcoming construction project, then you are likely also thinking about what the most cost effective, efficient and easy way to complete the construction might be. Here at KSD Group Inc, we believe there is merit in a wide range of different construction practices. But without a doubt, one of the most affordable, convenient and all around effective construction practices is modular construction. Here is a look at seven different reasons you should talk to your construction manager in California about modular construction:
While many people associate the services of a construction manager with new development initiatives, the truth is that construction project management in California can also be immensely helpful for projects that take place within existing structures. Project managers are able to oversee every aspect of the construction job to ensure it’s on track with timelines and budgets. They can also provide astute guidance in project areas you may be unfamiliar with, and can assist with solution-oriented problem solving as challenges arise.
If you are planning a renovation or expansion of your property, the following are five important ways that construction project management in California can help:
In addition to these five specific areas, project managers can also assist with overall construction planning, crew selection, timeline scheduling and the creation and implementation of budgets. For these reasons and more, working with a skilled management team has the potential to transform your reconstruction project and alleviate many of the stressors that can result from working on large-scale projects. Whether you are planning to renovate or completely reconstruct your property, project managers can support your goals every step of the way
For more information on construction management and consultation, please speak with the skilled professionals at KSD Group Inc today.
One of the most important parts of any successful construction project is choosing the right manager for the job. A construction manager oversees every aspect of a project from start to finish, ensuring the property owner’s or developer’s wishes are kept in mind every step of the way. With the right professional in charge, construction projects can be properly planned, executed in a timely manner and kept within budget.
It is important to remember that not all managers share the same experience or sense of efficiency, which is why it is critical that you screen potential project leaders in advance. The following are key areas to assess when searching for the right consultant or construction manager in California.
Experience level and type
The construction manager you hire should have extensive experience working on a wide range of projects. It is especially important that the manager be familiar with your specific type of construction job. Take a moment to ask your manager to provide examples of similar types of projects he has worked on and successfully completed in the past.
Choosing a manager with experience in your type of project sets a solid foundation for all planning and work that is to come. By selecting a seasoned manager, you can know that the professionals working on your site have years of experience with troubleshooting issues, leading teams and bringing projects to completion.
Ability to be a team player
When searching for a project manager, you want to ensure that the professional you choose has the ability to inspire other workers on the team, as well as contracted vendors. The best construction manager in California will not need to yell at or berate others in order to move the project forward. Abrasive and aggressive managers can even slow down the development process by reducing team morale.
Look for a project manager who hires a team of workers that he knows he can trust with a fair and balanced amount of supervision. This will tell you that the manager has the ability to work well with others, while still ensuring the project is on track with your schedule and budget.
Understanding of your priorities
It is imperative that the manager you choose to work with is an excellent listener and understands your priorities for the project. During your initial conversations, be sure to discuss your budget limitations, timeline and any overall goals for the development process. Your project manager should be completely open to your preferences, provide sound advice and know what level of responsibility you expect from him as the project moves forward.
Having a construction manager who communicates clearly, offers helpful feedback and implements the best version of your vision will save you time and money throughout the course of the job. It will also make you feel at ease, knowing that you have a trustworthy manager guiding the construction process.
If you would like more information about how a skillful, experienced construction consultant and management company can assist with your project, call KSD Group Inc today for more information.